dominant personality - Eudora

This is a discussion on dominant personality - Eudora ; Sorry if this has been asked many times before but I am new here and can't find an answer in the Eudora docs or on the internet anywhere. Is there any way to delete or change the dominant personality in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

dominant personality

  1. Default dominant personality

    Sorry if this has been asked many times before but I am new here and
    can't find an answer in the Eudora docs or on the internet anywhere.

    Is there any way to delete or change the dominant personality in
    Eudora 6.2.1? I am dropping my current service provider and getting a
    new fast DSL line and I want the new email account to be the dominant
    one.

    Again I am sorry if this is an old question but I'm stumped.

    Thanks in advance for your attention.

    Frank (my real name)

    --

  2. Default Re: dominant personality

    burnedback <back@burned.com> wrote:
    > Is there any way to delete or change the dominant personality in
    > Eudora 6.2.1? I am dropping my current service provider and getting a
    > new fast DSL line and I want the new email account to be the dominant
    > one.


    Just try deleting the information in the Dominant personality. One of
    the other personalities might move up to replace it. Or it may not. Just
    something that My brother stumbled across yesterday.


    --
    Please remove SpamMeNot to reply. I apologise for the necessary use
    of this anti-spammation method.

  3. Default Re: dominant personality

    In article <1hgx49j.1l5bgk51i24h9eN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT>,
    UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT (Kwan Yeoh) wrote:

    > burnedback <back@burned.com> wrote:
    > > Is there any way to delete or change the dominant personality in
    > > Eudora 6.2.1? I am dropping my current service provider and getting a
    > > new fast DSL line and I want the new email account to be the dominant
    > > one.

    >
    > Just try deleting the information in the Dominant personality. One of
    > the other personalities might move up to replace it. Or it may not. Just
    > something that My brother stumbled across yesterday.


    Go to Preferences, change the appropriate account names in the Settings
    pane and other preference panes located near the top of the list of
    panes to the new account values, then scroll down in Preferences to
    Preferences >> Personalities pane >> Dominant and see if the
    corresponding settings there have already been automatically updated.
    If not, update them appropriately.

  4. Default Re: dominant personality

    In article <siegman-9BF2E4.19195713062006@news.stanford.edu>, AES
    <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote:

    > In article <1hgx49j.1l5bgk51i24h9eN%UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT>,
    > UseNet@AustOrtho.Com.SpAm.MeN.oT (Kwan Yeoh) wrote:
    >
    > > burnedback <back@burned.com> wrote:
    > > > Is there any way to delete or change the dominant personality in
    > > > Eudora 6.2.1? I am dropping my current service provider and getting a
    > > > new fast DSL line and I want the new email account to be the dominant
    > > > one.

    > >
    > > Just try deleting the information in the Dominant personality. One of
    > > the other personalities might move up to replace it. Or it may not. Just
    > > something that My brother stumbled across yesterday.

    >
    > Go to Preferences, change the appropriate account names in the Settings
    > pane and other preference panes located near the top of the list of
    > panes to the new account values, then scroll down in Preferences to
    > Preferences >> Personalities pane >> Dominant and see if the
    > corresponding settings there have already been automatically updated.
    > If not, update them appropriately.


    Thanks for the advice. I have already done all of that but the actual
    nane of the personality is what I can't change. I deleted all other
    personalities and Eudora will not allow me to change the dominant name.
    It still has the name I gave it from my old email account.

    To be more clear - the dominant personality name is not "Dominant". It
    is named after my old account (Classicnet). Is there maybe an x-setting
    that will allow me to rename the dominant personality?

    I hope I am describing this properly.

    Again, thanks for your help.

    Frank

  5. Default Re: dominant personality

    In article <140620061300317776%back@burned.com>,
    burnedback <back@burned.com> wrote:

    [...]

    > Is there maybe an x-setting
    > that will allow me to rename the dominant personality?


    <x-eudora-setting:9113>

    --
    Sander Tekelenburg, <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/>

    Mac user: "Macs only have 40 viruses, tops!"
    PC user: "SEE! Not even the virus writers support Macs!"

  6. Default Re: dominant personality

    In article <user-8DDA5E.04424815062006@textnews.euro.net>, Sander
    Tekelenburg <user@domain.invalid> wrote:

    > <x-eudora-setting:9113>


    Thank you Sander. Now there is one more mysterious problem. The name on
    the button for the drop down personality menu still says "Classicnet"
    which was my old personality name. How did the button name get changed
    and how the heck do I change it back to "Dominant"?

    Thanks for you help.

    Frank

    --
    ------------
    "If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes?
    You'll just have to claw your way through the disguise."

  7. Default Re: dominant personality

    In article <140620062248236691%back@burned.com>, burnedback
    <back@burned.com> wrote:

    > In article <user-8DDA5E.04424815062006@textnews.euro.net>, Sander
    > Tekelenburg <user@domain.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > <x-eudora-setting:9113>

    >
    > Thank you Sander. Now there is one more mysterious problem. The name on
    > the button for the drop down personality menu still says "Classicnet"
    > which was my old personality name. How did the button name get changed
    > and how the heck do I change it back to "Dominant"?
    >
    > Thanks for you help.
    >
    > Frank


    I found my problem. It was an old "MainPersonality Plug-in" that was
    hiding in the Eudora Folder in my user Documents folder. I opened this
    plug-in with Resorcerer and sure enough - there was the name for the
    Dominant Personality button. I changed it to the name of my new account
    and now the button name matches the Dominant personality name.

    It's hell getting old and forgetting things. I installed that plug-in 3
    years ago and just forgot that Eudora uses these plug-ins, and that
    they are scattered around in several places including within the
    Eudora.app package itself.

    I wrote my self a note this time and flagged it with a red label.

    Thanks again to those of you who offered suggestions.

    Frank

    --
    ------------
    "If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes?
    You'll just have to claw your way through the disguise."

  8. Default Re: dominant personality

    In article <150620061236170821%back@burned.com>,
    burnedback <back@burned.com> wrote:

    [...]

    [MainPersonality Plug-in]

    > It's hell getting old and forgetting things. I installed that plug-in 3
    > years ago and just forgot that Eudora uses these plug-ins, and that
    > they are scattered around in several places including within the
    > Eudora.app package itself.


    Plug-ins can live in several places. Just put them where you prefer. If
    you don't want them to live inside the Eudora application bundle,
    ~/Documents/EudoraFolder/Eudora Items/Plugins/ should work.

    --
    Sander Tekelenburg, <http://www.euronet.nl/~tekelenb/>

    Mac user: "Macs only have 40 viruses, tops!"
    PC user: "SEE! Not even the virus writers support Macs!"

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Changing name in Dominant personality?
    By Application Development in forum Eudora
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
  2. Rename Dominant
    By Application Development in forum Eudora
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:16 AM
  3. Change dominant personality
    By Application Development in forum Eudora
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
  4. script for swapping Dominant Personality with another?
    By Application Development in forum Eudora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 05:35 AM
  5. Changing the Dominant personality name?
    By Application Development in forum Eudora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:30 PM