This is a discussion on XINS 1.5.0 released - Java ; XINS 1.5.0 has been released. XINS is an open-source Web Services framework. It offers a simple tool for the development of remote APIs. One of the key features that differentiates XINS from other technologies is the definition-driven approach. Write simple ...
XINS 1.5.0 has been released. XINS is an open-source Web Services framework.
It offers a simple tool for the development of remote APIs.
One of the key features that differentiates XINS from other technologies
is the definition-driven approach.
Write simple XML definitions and XINS will generate for you:
* Documentation of the specifications in HTML and OpenDocument format
* Test forms, for testing your applications with a browser
* Client-side code, supporting load-balancing, fail-over and time-out
* Web application, compatible with Java servlet containers
* WSDL, for SOAP-interoperability
* Unit test code, based on JUnit
* Stubs, typically used for testing
Another key feature is protocol independence. XINS supports several
communication protocols, including SOAP, XML-RPC and POX-RPC.
For each incoming request XINS automatically determines which protocol
to use. With XSLT the results can be transformed to HTML or other
content types. Custom protocols can be added.
XINS 1.5 offers various new features over release 1.4, as well as some
bug fixes. The main new features are:
* Improved integration with Eclipse and NetBeans
* JMX support
* Tools for APIs (PMD, FindBugs, java2html, test coverage, JMeter, ...)
* Ant tasks to call an API and to call a XINS target
* Integration of the front-end framework in the core
XINS is used in production systems since the end of 2002. As a stable
release, XINS 1.5.0 is backwards compatible with all previous stable
It has been tested extensively on various platforms, including Solaris,
Linux and Windows.
Download XINS 1.5.0:
Windows installer: http://prdownloads.sf.net/xins/xins-1.5.0.exe?download
TAR GZ archive: http://prdownloads.sf.net/xins/xins-1.5.0.tgz?download
Web site: http://xins.sourceforge.net/
Release notes: http://xins.sourceforge.net/notes-1.5.0.html
XINS demos: http://xins.sourceforge.net/demo.html
User guide: http://xins.sourceforge.net/docs/index.html
101 new features in XINS 1.5 presentation: