Did you remove the user that was logged in when you installed Sharepoint. I
had a similar "User not found" error.
Note: Working with database is not supported!!!
Example Situation - installed MOSS logged in as user "USERABC" with services
running as "SERVICEABC"
after everything was running fine, I changed the site collection owners to
"ADMINABC" and then removed "USERABC" from site collection security.
Everything continues to work. While working with reporting services, I found
that the Author of the site was USERABC in the database. (Select * from webs)
I then did a (select * from userinfo) to check the id that was the author
from webs. this record had the deleted flag set.
This caused the error. I updated hte record in webs to an author that was
not deleted and everything is back to great.
I hope this at least points you in the right direction
> In our SharePoint Services 3.0 configuration, we have two zones defined;
> Default and Intranet. The Default Zone uses Windows authentication while the
> Intranet Zone uses Forms authentication using CA-SiteMinder. When I try to
> export a website using stsadm, I receive the error "User cannot be found"
> whether I include the "-includeusersecurity" option or not. I am assuming
> that stsadm uses the Default Zone authentication, but the sites to export are
> using custom forms authentication so the users cannot be found. I saw
> another post similar to this problem and the individual contacted MS and
> obtained the fix/patch related to KB936867, but I'm not sure if that would
> solve this particular problem.